The Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services (“DHHS”) has launched a new, easy-to-use Web site offering a comprehensive, Internet-based community resource for people with mental illness, their caregivers and service providers. The Network of Care Web for Behavioral Health Web site can be accessed at www.dhhs.ne.gov/networkofcare/.
Benefits of this Network of Care Web site include:
- Helping people find the right services at the right time. Click anywhere on the Nebraska map on the home page to get a comprehensive Service Directory of providers, organized by Behavioral Health Region.
- Giving consumers the option to use the secure Personal Health Record section to organize and store medical and healthcare-related information.
- Having communication tools such as message boards and community calendars to help people connect with each other or share information.
- Facilitating providers who want to share challenges and ideas or use the private message boards. Providers can even build their own free Web sites.
- Accessing the easy-to-search libraries; information about specific behavioral health disorders, pending legislation and advocacy; and daily news articles and the latest research about mental health and substance abuse issues from around the world.
- Having a site that is fully ADA-compliant and that offers a text-only version.
© 2009 Parsonage Vandenack Williams LLC
For more information, contact email@example.com